Time Management Master Class
Learn how to use your time effectively
There was a saying in our home as I grew up: Even a world leader only has 24 hours in a day! We all want to make sure we live well, that we make the best use of our time, but it is limited for each one of us. How can we make the best of our time?
We all have different personalities and have various demands made on our time. Some of us are very organized, others less so.
Over my working life, I’ve learnt a number of techniques to help make good use of time. There are two basic ideas: one is to work efficiently to see that I have systems in place so that things go smoothly, making the best use of the resources available to me. But I have learnt to do more than that; I also want to live and work effectively to make something of my life, to make it count, to achieve something definite, good and right.
All these years during my professional life, I have had to ask myself some hard questions: what do I want out of life? What do I want to achieve? What kind of person am I? How can I develop as a person? How do I want to spend my time? How should I value my time?
So this course is more than being simply about how we spend our time. it’s about how we spend our life. Here are 50 secrets Ive learnt, divided into seven Lectures:
- Know yourself: If you know what kind of person you are and what you want to get out of life, you can begin to set priorities.
- Know your work: Our business life is a major part of our lives. Knowing the underlying purposes of your job will help focus your attention on seeing how well you use your time.
- Get organised: Here are tips on working effectively, e.g. by keeping a diary, setting up systems and drawing up schedules.
- Work better: It is important to use your time proactively, setting priorities and working well at tasks, however small they are.
- Work better as a team: We don’t work individually, in isolation from one another, so it’s vital to develop good working relationships within a team with successful delegation and well-run meetings.
- Communicate more effectively: How do we stop all our time being taken up by email, computers and the Internet? Face-to-face and phone communication are also vital in good time management, as are good listening, reading and writing skills.
- Take control of your time: Effective use of time takes place as you learn to manage time well by remaining focused on tasks, minimising interruptions and using slack time that may come unexpectedly.
If you follow these seven secrets you will know how to spend your time well, how to live effectively, how to make the most of the adventure of life. I wish you all the best!
You can learn to take control of how you spend your time.
- Lectures 50
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
You Must Know Yourself
You Must Know Your Work
You Must Get Organised
You Must Work Better
You Must Work Better As A Team
Communicate More Effectively
You Must Take Control Of Your Time