Leadership Master Class
A memorable leader – for the right reasons!
Over the last 50 years there have been over 1,000 studies to establish what leadership is. How leaders behave. What traits they have. I don’t have much time for them, and nor should you. Instead I’ve filled this course with the convictions, skills, beliefs and techniques that great leaders need. The behaviours you see great leaders demonstrating every day.
And what experience am I drawing on? It’s not only the 20 years or so I’ve been working in the world of leaders as a consultant. But all the other years when I experienced leadership first hand, as a corporate employee. I’ve been around leaders it was a privilege to know and leaders it was dangerous to know. Both extremes – and all the leaders in-between – provided me with insights into what really great leadership is. For over 20 years I have been a powerful spiritual leader with over 40,000 members. also CEO of over 18 International companies trading worldwide with bases in Europe to Africa.
So I’ve done all of the research for you. If you’re a leader or an aspiring leader, then let us spend some time together. I want you to be a memorable leader – for all of the right reasons! I want to share with special secrets that will give an advantage above everyone else. I’m going to share 50 powerful Lectures of leadership with you. These secrets are spread over Seven Lectures :
- Leadership character.There is a core of behaviours, values and characteristics that great leaders have. They’re the backbone that makes them the strong, principled individuals that people look up to.
- Leadership responsibilities. Leaders change things. Their responsibilities are to take what they see and reshape it to meet the demands of the world tomorrow.
- Leadership strategy.The ability to set a strategic direction is where leaders thrive – or fall. But strategy is much more than the ‘where’, it’s also the ‘how’ and the ‘why’.
- Leadership and execution.It’s the plain old ‘getting it done’. It’s so easy to ‘talk the talk’. But execution is about getting everyone to ‘walk the walk’.
- Leadership and change.Change happens. The working world doesn’t have a habit of waiting around for others to catch up. But not everyone who works for you is going to think the same…
- Leadership influence. You need friends. Not so much in high places but in the important places. They need nurturing if you’re serious about getting your initiatives off the ground.
- Leadership and the team.You need great people around you. You also need to repeatedly challenge them to keep them great. They’re going to have to pick up the goals and make them their own.
Dip into the course or read it begin to end– whichever you prefer. But promise me this. You won’t skip the questions I ask of you. These questions help you gain the insights into the skills that will turn you into a truly memorable leader.
Great leaders leave their values in the hearts of those who worked for them.
- Lectures 49
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 203
- Assessments Yes
There are different styles of leadership but all of them depend on character, we will go onto this in depth in these lessons.
Is leadership different from management? My conviction is that it is. A company appoints a leader because it has expectations.
Ready for the big idea? If you truly see yourself as a leader then you’ll have to develop and implement a strategy. To do this, you need to think in terms of the ‘big picture’. Pull yourself away from the day-to-day so you can look at the ‘year-to-year’. You then need to wrap up your strategy in a message that people connect with and work to get it clear of the ground. And once the strategy is airborne you have to keep it there, making sure that the team delivers it.
Leadership and execution
Leadership is about ‘unknowns’. You will have to make some tough decisions in situations that are hard to predict and understand. Few strategies go exactly to plan and that’s where the learning and growing happens – dealing with setbacks you encounter along the way. Then we’ll look at how your team executes its tasks and ways of monitoring their performance. Then there are also the people outside the team you’re going to have to collaborate with.
- You Must Get Tough with Tough Decisions
- Deliver or Die
- You Must Mind Your Way Through ‘RoadBlocks’
- You Have To Collaborate And Make Everyone Happy
- You Have To Fight Battles Worth Winning
- You Have To Recruit And Encourage Responsibility
- You Must Respond To Underperformance
- You Must Negate The Negative Conflict
Leadership and change
Leadership and the team